Here is a job posting from Telefilm Canada for a Vancouver-based 'Communications Officer'.
for Telefilm Canada
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Strategic Communications, and with a dotted-line relationship with the Regional Director, your responsibilities will include:
• As a member of the national communications team, handle a variety of mandates, as per the corporate and regional communications plans, while ensuring a smooth and effective flow of communication between head office and the incumbent’s region.
• Develop and implement strategic planning for regional communications in support of the Corporation’s communications objectives.
• Provide various editorial services such as welcome messages, news releases, industry advisories, action plans, briefing notes and speaking notes for both national and regional communications.
• Provide regional media relations support in conjunction with the national communications team.
• Evaluate regional sponsorship branding within the framework of various initiatives that support industry events, such as the Canada Showcase program.
• Work to ensure that Telefilm Canada benefits from maximum visibility at various regional festivals and industry events, such as panels and welcoming remarks. For major regional events, develop action plans based on the Corporation’s objectives in order to optimize the value of the event for Telefilm.
• Working with head office, provide communications support for stakeholder relations events held in the incumbent’s region.
• Participate in weekly national Corporate Affairs and Communications meetings and, when required, recommend appropriate communications strategies.
• Participate in regional meetings on Telefilm Canada’s various programs, as required.
• University undergraduate degree and at least five (5) years of experience in corporate communications.
• Expertise in project management.
• Highly developed planning, strategic problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Possess the capacity to interact with the public, as well as, your colleagues.
• Communication skills both verbal and written in English and French at the CBC level.
To apply, send a letter of interest, indicating the competition number, and your Curriculum Vitae to Human Resources, either by fax to 514 283-2043 or by e-mail to RH-HR@telefilm.gc.ca
• Telefilm Canada in an equal opportunity employer.
• Applicants agree to comply with the conflict of interest disclosure requirements.
• All applications are welcome, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Status: Continuous service
Competition No. 2729
Deadline: November 2, 2007